Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Soul Sister

Tomorrow my sister-in-law will be here for a few days so I will be taking some time off again from the blog.  Just letting you know.

I'm excited to see her for lots of reasons, one because she is six feet tall and I never have to drag my stool around to get things from the top shelves when she is here.  Another is that she totally gets what it is like living with a Carey. The first time we met we each said "...does he do that, too?" about four-hundred and fifty-six times.  It was like we had known each other forever.

Because of that six feet tall thing I have to get off the computer and go dust things that are way up there like the tops of the refrigerator and the bookcases.  My general motto is "If you can see it and it bothers you, clean it yourself" but I don't usually do that with her.  We only see each other a few times a decade and I want her to come back.  (She sometimes cleans when she is here anyway and it can be embarrassing if she finds things like pacifiers we lost when the last grandkid stopped using them five years ago or the mop water is blacker than the cat.)

I have watched her raise six children and start on grandchildren before her youngest was out of diapers,  and cook and clean for the" boomerang kids" still at home and  the two or three people down on their luck that her husband constantly invites to live with them "awhile", and do all the extras with the church and community that a preacher's wife is called to do and never stop finding humor in the situations.

She has been married to a Carey forty and years survived! It's a God thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment