Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Quick Run Into The Grocery Store

     My husband is waiting in the car with the dog when I decide I need to run into the grocery store for just a minute. I know it won't be long because I'm only getting a few things at the deli. "I'll be back in five minutes, tops." I tell him.
     So I go to the line with a checker and a bagger at Reasor's so that I won't screw up in the self-check line and it will be faster. There is only one lady in front of me and she is almost finished. The checker begins to check my three items when I notice there is still a ham in the bottom of the lady's cart. I let them know.They send it through.
     That's when I notice that the checker has put my things in the other lady's bag and charged her for them. I let them know. The checker backs everything out and starts again, the first lady pays with a check and leaves, they start again checking my items.
     "Ten seventy-six" the checker says.  I hand her eleven dollars and a penny.  She gives me back a dollar. I say, "No, I think I only get a quarter." She calls over a supervisor to open her drawer, takes back the dollar and gives me a quarter.
     The bagger hands me my bags and says "Only two bags today." I think that is kind of strange for only three items, but hey, I need bags for the kitty litter. Then I realize one of the bags is warm.  I look inside and there is a big chicken leg. I did not get a chicken leg. Neither my husband nor I like chicken legs. I look at my receipt and they have charged me $1.99 for the chicken leg. I mention this to the bagger.
     "Oh, sorry. Just go over to the Service Desk and tell them what happened. They'll take care of you." I do, and they do, giving me back $2.16 which included tax, but the lady who planned on the hot chicken leg for her dinner is going to be pretty disappointed when she gets home.
     Maybe I'll try that self-check thing again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment