Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dear Little Girl

 When I met each of our daughters-in-law, and knew that they would be in our family, I said "I've been praying for you all your life, I just didn't know you name till now."  I found this the other day.  It is from the late seventies.  I was mushier then.

                                  ******************************
Dear Little Girl,

I prayed for you today, and yesterday, and I will pray for you again tomorrow.

I do not know you. Perhaps you are three or four or perhaps you are a tiny baby, just reaching for your daddy's outstretched finger.  Maybe you are not yet even born.  But, though I do not know you, I know Someone who does. His Word says "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." And He is my link to you.

Did your mother reach you just before you ran into the street chasing that ball, oblivious to the pick-up truck full of teen-agers that was roaring around the corner?  I was praying for you.

Did the big dog that frightened you so badly last week seem a little less scary today?  I was praying for you.

Are you beginning to understand, just a little, when your teacher tells you of a wonderful Man who loves little children so much that He told His helpers not to send them away, even though He was very busy?  I am praying for you.

Do you wonder that I, a stranger, am praying for you?  I am praying for you because in my house there lives a little boy.  He is straight and strong and tall for his age.  Some days he feels God is calling him to be a baseball player, some days a fireman.  He loves Jesus very much and speaks of Him and to Him as naturally as he speaks with me.

Our Heavenly Father, in His wisdom and love, wanted to give us here on earth a tiny taste of what His love is like and so He planned for families. He planned for a man and woman to love each other and to have children that will symbolize the Family of God.

God's Word tells us that He sees us before we are born and schedules each day of our lives before we begin to breathe. That is why I believe, dear Little Girl, that God's plan for you already includes my Little Boy, and that His plan for him already includes you. And so I pray for you each day.

I pray that you will come to know Jesus early and well. I pray that you will learn to love and be loved freely. I pray that your life will be filled with laughter and joy and that you will be able to share that happiness with the Little Boy I know and the little girls and boys that God sees fit to send the two of you someday.

I pray that in God's perfect timing you will come into the life of my son and that he will recognize you and you him.

And so, dear Little Girl, I am praying for you today and I will pray for you tomorrow and all the tomorrows of your life.

1 comment:

  1. Pat, I love that you shared this. I love that you had the insight to write it down back when you were praying years ago. So beautiful. I love your heart! Pam PS I LOVE YOUR WRITING TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete