Monday, November 12, 2012

Celebrity Sightings

One time in the St. Louis airport I saw the guy who played Mr. Carlin, one of the people in Bob Newhart's therapy group on the Bob Newhart Show, the old one, when he was married to Emily.  I was in a quandary about what to do.  On the one hand, I thought it was cool to see him, but on the other, I didn't want to disturb him, but then again, since he wasn't a big star or anything, maybe he would have enjoyed being recognized, but by the time I thought through all that, he was gone.  You can see how confusing it is.

I hear celebrities complain about the paparazzi and they have no privacy and the guy who was in those Twilight movies was just on the news saying he had been in a depression for three years because he couldn't go anywhere without being recognized.  Excuse me?  Three and a half years ago was he not begging anybody who would talk to him to put him in a movie or something so he could be famous?

When we lived in California I thought we ought to be seeing movie stars right and left, walking down the streets or at the beach, but it didn't happen.  I guess maybe they didn't hang out at the same places we did, although once I saw some guy that looked really familiar----I am sure he played the bad guy in a bunch of movies, but I never figured out his name----at the KFC.  I guess he was a minor player, to be picking up his own bucket of chicken and all.  The big stars have people for that.

Here in Oklahoma, seeing somebody famous is even less likely, even though Christen Chenoweth is from Broken Arrow, where we live, and went to high school here and maybe when our grand kids get up there they can see where her locker was or something, but really, what kind of people go around looking for "stars" and stuff?  People need to get a life, is all I have to say about that!

Of course, when it is foisted upon you, what can you do?  Awhile back Dennis and I were just leaving McDonald's after breakfast when we saw a huge, fancy looking bus filling up at the gas station right across from us.  And on the front, where the destination usually is, on that sign above the front windshield, you know?  There in big letters it said "DEMI  LOVATO".  Really! 

Of course, I wouldn't know Demi Lovato if she looked right at me, (I thought it was the girl from "iCarly" but our granddaughter, Hayley, said that was somebody else)  but I remembered hearing Hayley talk about her.  Anyway, of course I had to turn around and go back and take a picture of the front of the bus.  For our granddaughter, of course. And then, I thought, "What the heck?" and I went around and up the steps and into the bus!!!  Can you believe it?  In case I could get an autograph.  For the grand kids.

There was somebody sitting in the driver's seat and I said "Pardon me.  Is this Demi Lovato's bus?" (like I hadn't just taken a picture of the name on the front)  And he said "No, this is her cousin's bus.  Her cousin isn't here either, but Miss Lovato supplies her with this bus.  You can take pictures if you want."  So, I did!

Imagine! Me!  I was on Demi Lovato's cousin's bus!!!  You can touch my hand next time you see me if you want. I might grace you with an autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment